WMP54G drivers for Windows 7

Reaction score
This is the version 4 adapter. I've downloaded and installed the driver. It seems to finish the setup as it should and the computer recognizes the driver as installed. The device is listed under the "unspecified" section in the device manager and says it needs trouble shooting. Any ideas would be great.Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi WSMassive welcome to the site :ciao:

I have the Linksys Wireless-G(WMP54G ver4.1) PCI Adapter. My Install CD has Version 4.5 labeled on it.

In the begining I was installing the software in XP. First install the software without the card plugged in. Then turn the computer off and install the card. After a few months I started using windows wireless utility because Linksys software was using more and more memory the longer the computer was running. When windows detects the card point to the driver folder on the install CD. I didnt install the CD just pointed windows to the XP drivers.

When I started using Windows 7, I never installed from the CD. I pointed windows to the Vista(32bit) drivers I downloaded from Linksys for the "WMP54G Ver4.1". I havent had any trouble using the card. I know you said you have ver4.0 and I didnt see Vista drivers for this version. You may need to run in XP compatibility mode.

If you do not have an Install CD, I could create a ISO image of my CD and send it to you somehow. My CD has the ver4.0 and ver4.1 drivers

Reaction score
Windows 7 has drivers built-in for this device. :) I'm a former user of a WMP54G before it shoved off and I switched to a D-Link DWA-552.

Reaction score
Wish Windows 7 had the ver4.1 built in. Thats the first thing I have to setup to get network support then everything else sets up through windows update

Reaction score
Windows 7 has drivers built-in for this device. :) I'm a former user of a WMP54G before it shoved off and I switched to a D-Link DWA-552.
It has the drivers built in? It definitely isn't working though. Windows 7 is telling me that the drivers cannot be found. Are there any other reasons why it would be dong this then?

Reaction score
Is there somewhere I can actually locate the drivers which you say are built in?

Reaction score
I never had to do anything special. Install card, receive drivers. I know for a fact that it was a v4.1 as I owned the thing for a good 4 years, and downloaded drivers countless times for it throughout innumerable reformats.

Tell ya what, though... Do you have Windows 7 x64? If you do, I have a link to a driver package and installation instructions that'll work a treat.

Reaction score
I never had to do anything special. Install card, receive drivers. I know for a fact that it was a v4.1 as I owned the thing for a good 4 years, and downloaded drivers countless times for it throughout innumerable reformats.

Tell ya what, though... Do you have Windows 7 x64? If you do, I have a link to a driver package and installation instructions that'll work a treat.
Yup its x64. The link would be awesome. Sorry I'm such a noob, I just built my first comp which is an i7-920 and threw win7 right on it and am real pumped to get it working. I really appreciate the help on this.

Reaction score
linksys wireless driver

i had the same problem with windows 7 and my wireless card. my card is a WMP54GR. what i did was go into device manager and rightclick on the driver to update. it asked for a destination and i pointed it to the cdrom from linksys. been working ever since.

Reaction score
If you have Windows 7 with 32 bit system. Here is what you can do to resolve driver problem for WMP54G V4.1, go to Device Manager, click on Network Adapters, right click non-working Networking device and select Update Driver, click Browse my computer for ..., click Let me pick from a list of device ..., unchek the Show compatible hardware check mark, select Ralink Tech Corp, and finally Turbo Wireless PCI Adapter... The rest is okay for all. Hope this will help you...

Ask a Question