Wireless Router says I'm running Windows XP still?

Reaction score
Yo,

Product: Netgear WNR2000

Ok guys I have a problem, I was wondering if anyone could assist.

Basically I upgraded my computer from Vista to Windows 7 home edition (not long after it was released).
I bought a WNR2000 Netgear Wireless Router and inserted the disc, but windows 7 didn't recognise it so I ran it in compatibility mode for Win XP SP3 and it installed fine. About 8 months later I done a clean install of Windows 7 ultimate, when I click open my router info webpage it says my operating system in windows xp, why it this?

The problem I have in reinstalling, is I had to drill holes in the call to connect by ethernet before I got Wireless and the holes are now filled in so I cannot connect an ethernet to my computer anymore (which this product requires to install).

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Several Questions:

1. Have you updated the router to the latest firmware version? The latest firmware is V1.2.3.7NA You can check by going to the router homepage and then go to Router Status to check the firmware. You can also check via the Router Upgrade page too.

2. Don't use the setup disc first of all. It's junk. Press the reset button on the back of the router and let it cycle and let it sit for at least two minutes. This will set it back to factory default settings.
Then turn-off the router, modem and shutdown the computer. Then turn-on the modem first and let it cycle and sit for two minutes, then turn-on the router and same, then turn on your computer. See if you can connect and such.

3. Go to this address to setup up your router: http://192.168.1.1
User Name is: admin
Password is: admin

Ask a Question