Windows update error 800736B3

Reaction score
I have been having suspicious behaviour recently (windows update errors and some app crashes) and it proved to be a faulty memory chip. However, after the removal of the faulty memory the system still refuses to update with the same error. It seems, as it is shown in the uploaded CheckSUR.log, that the system has been corrupted some how. Is there a chance to avoid format? I have created already the CBS.log also but I didn't upload it because of its size so I would like you to guide me what kind of filtering you want me to do in its lines before I upload it.

PS: the manifest error wasn't there initially; it occured after a registry cleaner application (wise registry cleaner)

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It is possible your registry cleaner deleted something important; many of them are too aggressive.

You could try the Microsoft Fix-it for Windows Update

but if your registry is too badly damaged then it might be a good idea to use System Restore to restore to a point prior to the registry cleaning and then stop using that cleaner.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. The registry cleaner was executed AFTER the issues... it just created another one (this with the manifest)... Microsoft Fix-it has been already used without success... There is no restore point by choice... Actually I have already made any 'by the book' step to solve the problem... The only reason I posted here is because I noticed that in some similar cases, some of you have uploaded custom files that repair the issues depending on the logs users have published.

Ask a Question