SOLVED Windows Update error : 0x80024402c

Reaction score
I received this error when i tried to update windows. I have tried all the solutions provided in the Microsoft website but the error still exists. I used the sfc command to determine the error source and received this information

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"
Please help me with a solution.
Thanks in advance.

PS
I couldn't upload the log file. I keep getting a warning that the file format is not supported

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Put in a W7 DVD & boot to it, then run system repair.

Reaction score
Put in a W7 DVD & boot to it, then run system repair.
Thanks for the reply. I removed a faulty ram from the slot. Fortunately it worked. I again inserted the faulty ram the nxt day and it worked. Do you have any possible explanation for this?

P.S
I frequently get disk read error during startup but the system boots up normally when I press reset. Are these signs of hard-disk failure?. Is there any software to check hard disk health? BTW my system is about to reach 6 yr.
Thank you

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
corrupt files, disk read errors could definitely be hard drive issues.

in windows explorer right-click on the drive letter, choose properties, then tools tab, & check the drive for errors. It will (likely after rebooting your machine) scan the drive.

Ask a Question