Windows Photo Gallery (On Win7)

Reaction score
I have got Windows 7 RC1 installed on my laptop and I am using its library facilities in conjunction with a Windows Home Server accross a wired cat6 gigabit network i.e. storing my photos and files on the windows home server and using the library 'locations' so that my files automatically get saved to the respective folders on the windows home server. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any photo galleries that have support for indexing photos stored within network folders as I want my photos to remain on the WHS rather than using my laptops disk space as Windows Live Photo Gallery does not have network support (from what I see in front of me (have just installed it)).

Basically just asking if such a gallery exists, i've heard of google picasa but not sure if it has support for network folders........

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Google Picasa can't use network shares. It's a good application so I'd give it a try! :)

Alternatively, you could try mapping a drive letter to one of your network folders? That might mean Windows Live would work?

Reaction score
Here's a tip that might help with Picasa or whatever you use.

If the application itself will not let you use a network share, try mounting it to a drive instead. Once you do that, most applications will be able to access the network share. This is a little trick I learned years ago that's worked going all the way back to Windows for Workgroups 3.11 to this very day.

Ask a Question