Windows 7 Photo Gallery

Reaction score
On opening my WPG I get an error box that reads :-
"Photo Gallery can't start. Perhaps there is no space on the hard drive, or
critical files may be missing".
There is plenty of space on my hard drive and as far as I know, no files are missing.
I have re-installed twice just in case.
Any suggestions please, I'm really missing my cropper.

Reaction score
Thank you for the info Ian but unfortunately it didn't work. You were right about pd5,
but I tried 4 & 5.
If you google the problem you'll see how widespread it is.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This is what Technet have to offer:
1. Click the Start orb

2. Type folder options in the Start Search box, and click the Folder Options program

3. Select the View tab

4. In the Advanced Settings window, underneath Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files and folders

5. Click OK

6. Navigate to the following folder ( %user% is the name of the account having the problem):

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery

7. Copy any files in here to another location as a back up and then delete them from the Windows Photo Gallery directory

Once the files are deleted, try to start Windows Photo Gallery.

After that go back in to folder options and select Do not show hidden files and folders.

You could also try Windows Live Photo gallery (Free) , or grab this fantastic AShampoo offer, highly reccomended (at least by me!)
http://dottech.org/freebies/12800

Reaction score
Dunno if it's going to help, but it might.

From elevated command prompt:

sfc /scannow

Reaction score
Thank you Davehc for your suggestion. I applied it diligently but regrettably it did not do the job. I did however download the AShampoo offer, and it seems very useful.
Thanks again

Reaction score
I have tried all the suggestions submitted for which I am very grateful, but unfortunately none were successful. I have now downloaded Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8, which is
very good.

Ask a Question