Windows Mobile Device Center

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone got the Windows Mobile Device Center to work in Win 7. I have a HTC TyTnII running Windows Mobile 6.
PC recognises device and I can browse all folders etc. When I click to Set Up Your Device I get the following error:
"There is a problem with your connection. Please disconnect and reconnect your device"
I have done this, restated the pc, restarted the device, removed and re-installed the device.
Any other ideas???

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone got the Windows Mobile Device Center to work in Win 7. I have a HTC TyTnII running Windows Mobile 6.
PC recognises device and I can browse all folders etc. When I click to Set Up Your Device I get the following error:
"There is a problem with your connection. Please disconnect and reconnect your device"
I have done this, restated the pc, restarted the device, removed and re-installed the device.
Any other ideas???
Yes, I've got it working with the same mobile phone. I had the phone plugged into the computer via the USB cable when I installed Windows 7 Beta (Build 7000) and the OS picked it up, configured it and hey presto, a working system.
It actually works better than it does with my Vista installation (installed on a separate hard drive).

Since I did nothing special to make it work I can't help you troubleshoot, but rest assured, it works!

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a similar problem with my HTC Touch Pro... but when I checked the device manager the device was not properly recognised by Windows.

I deleted several times, same issue. I did an update driver allwing windows to connect to the internet and the windows update site and it downloaded everything as it should.

Now it's working perfectly. Try to check this.

Regards,
cifre

Ask a Question