Windows live calendar

Reaction score
I use this a lot, but can't find a way to search it (in W L Mail or online) - eg for my most recent doctor's appointment.

How do I do this?

Reaction score
Click the "Import" button in the toolbar on the Live Calendar to enter the import function interface, and then click the "Browse" button to input data files. Live Calendar supports calendar ICS file format, so long as the other programs or services can export this format can be easily added to the Live Calendar. Finally, select the calendar name and color to complete the import.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Maybe this will help a little. I don’t use the program on the web, but this is how I use it on the desktop in Live Mail.

Mail1.png

Clicking any of the items I have marked, brings up a window where I can edit or inspect the item. (One of these is, in fact, a doctor’s appointment, fwiw)
Over on the bottom left, is “calendar”. Clicking this will give you a full window of the calendar.

Mail2.png

I don't have an "import" button. perhaps that is on the web view?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Many thanks to both of you for your trouble! Actually importing isn't the problem, it's Searching - and if I could find it in the first place I could view / edit it! Since my first post, I've seen a Microsoft person's reply (elsewhere!) confirming that Search isn't provided, but that"this is a good idea for future development"! So sadly I have abandoned my own search for a solution!

Ask a Question