Windows Installer Cleanup Tool

Reaction score
I've attached the U.S. version of Microsoft's Windows Installer Cleanup Tool in case anyone needs it. To run it in Windows 7 x86 or x64 just right-click on it and Select Run As Administartor. Once you've installed it , click Start Orb > All Programs > right-click on it > select Properties > Compatibility > click the box for Windows XP Service Pack 3 and click Run As Administrator at botttom of page. Then click Apply and OK. Works for me on Windows 7 Professional x64.

Attachments

Reaction score
Yep, I give full recommendation as well for this. Works excellent when there is not a normal way to uninstall any app.

It makes the command prompt freak out with commands lol.

Reaction score
I heard MS took it off it's site recently

Ican't remeber which magazine posted it, but it was eith Maximum PC. Smart Computing, Computer Power User, PC World, The Official Windows Magazine or PC Magazine. One of them recently posted that Microsoft took it off there download site. I know it's a valuable tool to have. The error was probably Windows asking if it installed correctly. If you install it and set it to run as Administrator for any version of XP, it'll work fine. Just select yes. They also have a tool that deals with all the different software that was posted as having serious vulnerabilities. It called Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET). The originally posted it when Adobe had the zero day attack for Reader & Acrobat in late August. Here's a screenshot of that one. I tried to upload that one, but it's too big. I even zipped it and it was still too big. It's exe file is only 4.4 mbs. before zipping.
Yep, I give full recommendation as well for this. Works excellent when there is not a normal way to uninstall any app.

It makes the command prompt freak out with commands lol.

Attachments

Ask a Question