Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool won't work on 7

Reaction score
The windows 7USB DVD download tool will not run in my win 7 64 bit. see the error screenshot. It works ok on my Vista 32 bit. There is no shortage of paging file. What is a corupt cab file?

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You have not filled in your computer specs: hard drive size, RAM etc. How large is your page file and how much room is left on your hard drive?

All I can say is I have not had trouble with the tool on my computer, which is over 5 yrs old. Either the file was corrupted on the download or I can only assume the error is correct and you have insufficient space or paging.

Reaction score
You have not filled in your computer specs: hard drive size, RAM etc. How large is your page file and how much room is left on your hard drive?

All I can say is I have not had trouble with the tool on my computer, which is over 5 yrs old. Either the file was corrupted on the download or I can only assume the error is correct and you have insufficient space or paging.
Hard drive 1 TB 277 GB free
Ram 3 GB
Page file 4 GB

It runs on virtual win 7 on my vista with a 1GB page file so the corrupt cab must be on the computer. It is a three year old PC little used - recent fresh install of win7

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Have you tried downloading the USB tool again?

You seem to have a lot of problems with the ISO and now the USB tool. I can only assume there is something unusual about your computer, maybe a hard drive going bad and corrupting the files?

Reaction score
Have you tried downloading the USB tool again?

You seem to have a lot of problems with the ISO and now the USB tool. I can only assume there is something unusual about your computer, maybe a hard drive going bad and corrupting the files?
the iso was corrupt i redownloaded and it worked fine. I have a universal disk for windows.
I did try redownloading the USB tool but still would not run on my physical win 7
Are all exe files cabinet self extractors?
Could be me new to iso and USB tool

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are all exes? No most programs are not self-extracting cab files.

Right click on the USB tool exe and choose "run as administrator", see if that helps?

Reaction score
Are all exes? No most programs are not self-extracting cab files.

Right click on the USB tool exe and choose "run as administrator", see if that helps?
Ok windows resource protection says did not find any integrity violation. Run as admin no difference

No most programs are not self-extracting cab files.
the windows patches are arent they? I could get a patch for manual installation see if it opens?

Ask a Question