Windows 7 UAC Levels

Reaction score
Does anyone here disable UAC in Windows 7 and have you noticed any problems with it if you do?

I am using the default settings in RC1 just because I thought it could cause extra compatibility problems if I disable it completely. It's not as bad as in Vista but I still don't like UAC.

If I reduce UAC to the lowest setting am I protected enough?

Reaction score
If you turn UAC off, you won't be protected against executables from modifying or accessing system components, but I have enough faith in my computing abilities (virus free for 17 years) that I turn it off and don't think anything of it.

Reaction score
Yep I turn off UAC - UAC is too annoying for me - Its worse than the "Are you sure you want to" question - If I didnt I wouldnt have told it to the first time - But on a side note it has saved me a few times so Im not complaining - I understand the need in having UAC - I have just chosen to live without it

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Yeah, it was starting to annoy me in the Beta, so I turned it off, only to discover that upon doing so, it had disabled my gadgets! Anyway, now in the RC, I have no problems at all with the gadgets. :D :D

Ask a Question