Windows 7 Taskbar customization

Reaction score
I'm building a new computer. I'm going to be running Windows 7 Professional x64 on it. Over the summer I tried Windows 7 RC1 on my current computer in dual-boot with Vista Ultimate x64. I like the default taskbar in Windows 7 and don't want to switch it to small icons. However I did notice compared to Vista's taskbar with large icons, Windows 7's are a little too far apart. Does anyone know of a tweak to move them a little bit closer without switching to small icons ? I've tried emailing all the computer magazines. None of them could solve this issue.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
No. There's no setting in Windows by default that allows you to adjust the width of the superbar icons. If you want, you can use third party software to change the theme to something less objectionable, which will help with that. The reason for the wide icons has to do with how they present multiple open windows. It's annoying, for sure, but whatever... It's Microsoft.

As for emailing computer magazines for IT support...probably not going to get you anywhere.

Ask a Question