Windows 7 errors for Build 7000

Reaction score
Ok, I have a Dell Dimension E521, so far here is the recent errors that i took by screenshots...

This is the error i get everytime, when trying to start yahooIM.
Which I may call it yahooIM error start up b/c its in my way.

Ok here i go into registry mechanic, scanning my pc and so...

To this...

and

and guess what?

It can't be repaired.

So, the serious one i'm in trouble about... which is a burning one... idk if this a real virus or not b/c my CA Anti-Virus picked it up, and my PC Tools don't see anything in it.

But i'm really concern about this, and It has something to do with my computer...

please...reply and or fix or something about this ASAP b/c if i accidently delete it, it either going to disable my pc features or something. Also it say I can't delete it... o_O

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd ignore the PC Tools errors for now, as it might not be relevant to Windows 7 yet - they aren't serious errors from what I can tell.

However, I'd run a 2nd scan on that Virus as you don't want a trojan of any sort on your PC. Try the free Kaspersky Windows 7 Preview here : http://www.kaspersky.com/windows7

With regards to the Yahoo IM error, uninstall the version you have at the moment and re-download this version (http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/). Then, run it in Vista compatibility mode during setup and normal use.

Reaction score
Registry Repair is risky

I normally use Registry repair programs (WinASO and PC Tools Registry Mechanic) in Vista and XP. I also tried them in Win 7- they install and run just fine- but I think the results may be harmful. Sometimes it seems to have helped, but other times I think it caused real problems, including Windows not loading.

At any rate, I reformatted and did a new clean install and am not using registry repair apps, at least not till the vendors have a chance to build in support for Win7

If you plan to use these apps, create a restore point.

Reaction score
Ok, I have a Dell Dimension E521, so far here is the recent errors that i took by screenshots...

This is the error i get everytime, when trying to start yahooIM.
Which I may call it yahooIM error start up b/c its in my way.

Ok here i go into registry mechanic, scanning my pc and so...

To this...

and

and guess what?

It can't be repaired.

So, the serious one i'm in trouble about... which is a burning one... idk if this a real virus or not b/c my CA Anti-Virus picked it up, and my PC Tools don't see anything in it.

But i'm really concern about this, and It has something to do with my computer...

please...reply and or fix or something about this ASAP b/c if i accidently delete it, it either going to disable my pc features or something. Also it say I can't delete it... o_O
Welcome to the club. A few weeks ago CA Antispy showed that I had the same Trojan. So far none of the links that I have tried to remove it has worked. Even Dell Support tried and the Tech was unable to remove it either. I have run several other programs, including Kapersky ( one link was a removal tool especially for the Trojan.Win32.StartPage.fw ) I just tried another program - SuperAntiSpyware - a friend told me about today. Who ever engineered it has it to where it can hardly be detected and with CA it causes the Admin. rights to be ignored even though the user is the Administrator.

Ask a Question