Windows 7 Driver Finder

Reaction score
Hey there!

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as a driver finder for Windows 7? By that I mean a program which will search for updated drivers and things that Windows update doesn't have?

I've seen lots of ads for these tools on Google, but non of them are free (to my knowledge). Is there a free or open source project that can do this?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Pink and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Windows 7 (up to a point) will find drivers for you, but in some cases (eg) an ATI Graphics Card it may be best to find / download / install your self, ... but anyway what drivers are you thinking about ?

Reaction score
It's a Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver I'm looking for, but it would be helpful if this tool existed for other things too. I'll make a new post about the driver to see what it could be.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi roban

Does Uniblue DriverScanner inform you what drivers are out of date or is it an installer as well ?

Reaction score
use drivermax.....its worked perfectly for me..solved all my issues so far...that and removing AVG from my pc..

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
If you don't like downloading/installing programs, try out PC Pitstop http://pcpitstop.com/default.asp

You'll need to use IE8 in Adminstrator mode to run the Overdrive program, but you can run it without signing up for anything. You will need to install a small active x bit but once the scan runs through, it will show you many nice little bits of info on your system, including if drivers are out of date.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thanks Draceena, nice test :) ... I'm all up to date

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That Driver Max program is free, and reveals many drivers that needs updating. My Dell Latitude C640 that now dual boots Windows 7 & Win 2K Pro, was very well served by it. In Windows 7, it would not sleep, and showed that I had a standard graphics adapter, is fixed. It updated four drivers and replaced a missing one. Now, it sleeps, and it shows that I have a Mobility Radeon 7500 Graphics Adaptor. It made a 8 year old laptop run Windows 7 decently. The free version is slower, but who cares? It works.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
DriverMax is a paid program, unless you only want to download 2 drivers a day.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
DriverMax is a paid program, unless you only want to download 2 drivers a day.
If you feel that you need only a couple of drivers, or have more than one computer and can wait, or if you're strapped for cash, the free version is OK. Too, if you have several computers and more than one email address, you can use it more that way too, by creating another account. That's what I have, is two free accounts.

Ask a Question