windows 7 better than windows 10.

Reaction score
hi all from mally48.This has probably been said many times but i prefer 7 to 10.I know that they have stopped support and updating it but i have just moved from 10 down to windows 7.I just dont like windows 10.Is it safe to say that i can use 7 for the forseeable future as i believe many large companies still use it?

Reaction score
Microsoft is passing up a money maker by not selling continued support to windows 7.
windows 10 has too many options to do everything, and is a colossal pain in the ass. Remember Vista?

Reaction score
quite agree! i have five home PC's running windows ranging from XP, via vista,7 both 32 & 64 bit and a 8.1, that i recently 'upgraded to '10'.
of all the five of them, the one running '10' is much the slowest!
( i should add that one of my hobbies is salvaging and maintaining 'old pc's)

Reaction score
hi all from mally48.This has probably been said many times but i prefer 7 to 10.I know that they have stopped support and updating it but i have just moved from 10 down to windows 7.I just dont like windows 10.Is it safe to say that i can use 7 for the forseeable future as i believe many large companies still use it?
About three or four weeks ago I replaced XP Pro with Win 7 Pro. Frankly I much preferred XP Pro, but it was down to 2 1/2 usable browsers, and that was just not doable, so going on to Win 7 was unavoidable. I expect I'll get used to it, and maybe eventually come to like it as much as many do. I've tried the current 'latest&greatest' OS (Win 10) and browser (Firefox 108.0.2) at the public library. Not impressed, not even a little...the OS is too different for the patrons to deal with, so the IT are frequently called...while Firefox is regularly crashing to the point Chrome is being considered either to replace or supplement. Of course the devout fanboys will always sing the praises of the new over the old, irregardless of how shoddy the new happens to be. The very fact of its being new outweighs all other considerations.

I never give much credence in the M$ patches and updates. I had used XP Pro for over five years, with zero problems, other than a couple PUPs I think was picked up from downloading software at MajorGeeks or Softpedia. I figure I was on the internet pretty much every day for at least six hours, which comes out to about 14,000 hours by the time I moved on to my current rig. The first thing I did upon getting my XP rig from eBay was have a taxi haul it down to the local computer shop for a full-on malware search&destroy. Second thing I did after getting it home was disable the updates, and install software to lock M$ out of my PC, so in the five+ years I used it, there was no downloading of any crapola from the mothership. For the first couple years I continued to haul it in to the computer shop every year for malware scan, with $100 shot for nada each time, before I finally got wise that the EOL/EOS was much ado about nothing. Since I'm big on 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', I have used the same modus operandi on the current Win 7 rig. Time will tell if it remains as bulletproof as the XP Pro was.

Provided you disable the fixes, patches and updates, Win 7 should serve you well for the "foreseeable future". I'm hearing M$ is so desperate to forcibly switch endusers to their Win 8/Win10 crud (or failing that, infest Win 7 with the same corporate malware), that such junk is now surreptitiously embedded in their security fixes and mandatory updates.

Reaction score
mind you- Microsoft ARE crafty- I did'nt know that after'downgrading ' to windows 10, that I only had a limited time to revert back to win8.1 my computer was locked into win 10 and after a disasterous attempt to re- install the old version, it cost £120.00 to have a profesional job done

Is Microsoft going down the same 'Planned obsolescence' route as Apple? compeling it's program developers to make current versions of programs that are incompatable with older operating systems? I'm already seeing this in games such as CIV4, that will install and run on 7(32bit) but not on later or 64bit versions.

sorry to go 'off topic' but i recently chucked (literally) a Ipad 2 (O/S 9.3.5) on which I could'nt even re-install G-Mail, as apple stated that the App was 'incompatable' !

Reaction score
Windows 7 was a great step forward from Win Vista in 2009 and has been a great Win OS for years,i have it on this older ASUS laptop and it does a great job for me.

I do have systems that came with Win 10 also a new laptop that forced Win 11 on me, not thrilled with Win 11 only one of my older programs can be installed on the Win 11 system even my old copy of Microsoft Office 1997 that came with my old Gateway 486, that has Word on it and it could be installed on Win 7 and Win 10 but no not on win 11.

I am not worried about Microsoft no longer supporting Win 7 i will keep using it as long as my old ASUS keeps working.

Reaction score
Windows 7 was a great step forward from Win Vista in 2009 and has been a great Win OS for years,i have it on this older ASUS laptop and it does a great job for me.

I do have systems that came with Win 10 also a new laptop that forced Win 11 on me, not thrilled with Win 11 only one of my older programs can be installed on the Win 11 system even my old copy of Microsoft Office 1997 that came with my old Gateway 486, that has Word on it and it could be installed on Win 7 and Win 10 but no not on win 11.

I am not worried about Microsoft no longer supporting Win 7 i will keep using it as long as my old ASUS keeps working.

Ask a Question