Windows 7 32bit / 64 bit freeze - explorer.exe freezing issue : THE WORKING SOLUTION

Reaction score
Hello there,

I've been struggling like many others with this explorer.exe freezing & restarting issue whenever I copied / paste / created a simple document or file on my desktop or into my documents. This issue seemed to be related to explorer.exe not correctly "refreshing" its state.

Here's the solution & explaination of this issue, that worked like a charm for me (and trust me I tried other tricks that didn't work at all, including tweaking the bios, checking my RAM, desactivating Windows Search Service, etc.) :

http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e8-8875-4e68-b3c4-793a874d11ad/?prof=required

I'm spreading the message, if it worked for you, please do so aswell, it just takes 3 mn and helps millions of people.

PS : I'm in no ways affiliated to Microsoft's Support task force. I'm just a poweruser/early adopter of Windows 7 x64.

Cheers from France,
- Z.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Zacchino :)

Thanks for reporting back with the solution, I'm sure this will come in handy for someone!

Ask a Question