Win7 Home Premium, x86 OEM ISO

Reaction score
Hi all, i have a laptop with an OEM Win7 installed but it is screwed. I would like to start again with out having to buy new software. I heard it is possible to download an ISO (OEM version) image of Win7 Home Premium and i can boot it from my drive as a clean install and then activate with the Product Key which is on the underside of my laptop. Is this true? if so where can i download the OEM ISO image from? I would rather not have to deal with the Manufacturors (toshiba).

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Reaction score
Whether you go through Toshiba or get the ISO, it will only have the OS on it. It will not have any of the preloaded software that came with it. Does your laptop still have the D: driver where you OS is stored. If it does you can use that to set your laptop back to factory settings, like to day you turned it on.

Here is the ISO link. http://www.mydigitallife.info/downl...cial-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

Here is a link to toshibas factory reset. https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletinDetail.jsp?soid=2737864&pf=true

Reaction score
The half of what you heard is right.You can download the ISO image and do a fresh installation.But you can't activate it with the OEM key on your laptop.
You can't download the OEM version. OEM versions only comes installed on PCs and on DVDs supplied with the computer (sometimes only recovery discs are supplied with the PCs).

OEM version can only be downloaded from torrent sites(google It) which is 100% illegel.

Upgrade installations might work.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You should be able to use a retail version of Windows 7 to do your install, ie, download the latest ISO image with SP1 and then install it.

NOTE: You may have to call MS to get it activated using their automated voice system. (I've used it and it's quick, about 5 minutes, and works. Sometimes a human may come online to help out.) Explain the situation and MS tech support will help out. They are there to help, not to send the storm troopers after you.

Be sure to get the ISO with SP1 to save you the grief of a large upgrade download afterwards.

Your notebook more than likely had Home Premium installed on it. Go to this link here at this forum and you'll get the latest ISO image download.

https://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html Choose either the 32-bit or 64-bit version you need.

Reaction score
factory default restore is pressing alt+f10 keys at same time when you turn it on. you can buy factory disc usually real chip, i have it for my acer and wasted 20 bucks on them. spent 99 bucks for a oem system builders pack of win7 home premium. windows was trying to uninstall 3 of acers software cause it seen as if it was malware.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
factory default restore is pressing alt+f10 keys at same time when you turn it on. you can buy factory disc usually real chip, i have it for my acer and wasted 20 bucks on them. spent 99 bucks for a oem system builders pack of win7 home premium. windows was trying to uninstall 3 of acers software cause it seen as if it was malware.
This is not true of every computer. m1r2hud apparently has a restore partition on his hard drive. Some computers come set up that way but it uses HD space as well as one partition out of a limit of 4 on a single bootable physical hard drive (C: drive is a second partition and W7 may create a third tiny one for system stuff, which means at most you can create one more partition for a secondary OS or for data). Even the keys to access the restore partition are not standard and vary greatly across different computer brands. Others come where they have you burn DVDs which is usually more practical, since you likely won't need them even once a year but of course then when you do need them you have to find them.

Reaction score
when you click on start menu, click on computer your drives are shown, if your seeing a drive C and drive D, drive D is a hidden partition for doing the factory default restore. clicking on start menu typing in partition,you can bring up screen showing whats all on drive C and whats on drive D. drive C will show system reserve that windows created and how much its using, and the OS. drive D is just like the factory disks, i have all 3 factory discs to reinstall acers software of vista home basic, all i have to do is go in bios and re-enable the D2D ( disk to disk ) to boot it back the way i bought it. i disabled the D2D when i installed win7 home premium from a OEM System Builder Pack to some its known as a OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK).when i open partitioning drive C shows system reserve and OS.defrag shows drive C and system reserve. i did forget system do vary by manufacture, acer emachine and gateway default restore by pressing ALT+F10 keys together, my sis HP is F8+O for hers to default restore. friends toshiba was ALT+F11..

Last edited:

Ask a Question