Win 7 monitor problem No video via VGA

Reaction score
First I am new to this forum so I will try to be exact. I was running XP got a virus, re formatted the drive and did a clean install of Win 7. Previously I used an Insignia 42" LCD as a monitor, never a problem.I have an Nvidia GForce 8600 GT,PCI-E.When I loaded Win7 updated my drivers at Nvidia and now I can not get a display on my LCD. It will show the computer loading, start the Windows flag and then lose the video. I connected it to a Dell 19" and works fine. I tried to run 2 monitors but when I hook up the LCD via VGA( I have always ran it this way) I lose video on both screens. ( I had it hooked up to the Dell to see what I was doing and lost that video also.)I unhook the VGA and I get the video back on the Dell.I have been running Win 7 for a couple of days with no problems other than this. Can someone offer a solution?
Thank you in advance for any and all help,

dmor1019 :dontknow: :confused:

Reaction score
i am having a similar problem. i run a kvm switch to have 1 monitor, 2 cpus. I have dvi going straight to my monitor from my video card and run vga to the kvm switch. I also have a dual boot xp/win7 on my main computer. When i run xp, i get picture on vga or dvi on main computer, under win7 i get a complete picture on dvi but only get the desktop background pic, no icons on the vga input. On xp both work fine, vga and dvi

Ask a Question