Will this set up be good?

Reaction score
Hi all,

i'm fed up with my current MacGyver setup so im going to start off fresh.... again..

so this is what my new system will have in it.

Corsair CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3
Gigabyte 360W Superb Power Supply
CoolerMaster Hyper TX3
(Arctic Silver 5 (3.5g) )
Gigabyte GeForce GT430 1GB Overclocked Edition
Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500
ASUS P5G41C-M-LX Motherboard
2 Tb Hdd (from my current set up)
analogue tv tuner+fm+s-video + rca inputs (from my current set up)
digital tv usb stick (from my current set up)
4 x speakers (front&back) 2 x 12" rampage subs(1 is in my lounge :D) w/ 350watt rampage amp (from my current set up)
samsung dvd rom, lg dvd rw all dvd formats (from my current set up)
dual crt's (from my current set up)
b/g wifi (from my current set up)
so plz give me ur feedback on this set-up and tell me if there is something missing/wrong :)

Reaction score
The configuration looks nice

You might as well wait till after February and see what they offer for Sandy Bridge i3's.
This would give you a chance at greater upgrades later.

Reaction score
do you think i'll be better off getting a ASUS GeForce GTS 450 Direct CU 1GB ??

Reaction score
also is the psu powerful enough ?
(EDIT) I've changed it a bit now i'm going to use a Inno3D GeForce GTS 450 1GB and a 460W psu.. the total price is $435AU inc. shipping i think thats pretty good, any one agree?

Last edited:
Reaction score
With any video card you put in your pc the 360 watt power supply is going to be too weak. Most Nvidia or ATI video cards recommend at least a power supply that put's out 450 watts. That's rock bottom. Personally, I'd get atleast a 750 watt power supply that leaves you some breathing room for future component upgrades.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I don't see an OS listed. Understand that only a retail version of Windows is transferable to a new computer. So, if you are planning to use an OEM license that came with or was bought for your old computer, that is illegal. You will need to purchase a new license, or go with one of the many capable and free Linux alternatives.

Reaction score
i have a retail copy of ultimate which i already have. srry for not posting that

Reaction score
With any video card you put in your pc the 360 watt power supply is going to be too weak. Most Nvidia or ATI video cards recommend at least a power supply that put's out 450 watts. That's rock bottom.
i said i was swapping the 360 for a 460, it's only temporary till i can afford a better one. lol

Ask a Question