SOLVED Why is Location tracking grayed out in IE9 ?

Reaction score
Why is the ability to disabled Location tracking by websites grayed out in IE 9's settings on my pc ?

Attachments

Reaction score
Having a look at mine...mine is not grayed out. You could try resetting IE to default setting then have a look again.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It can be disabled through group policy editor or if not by GPEdit then through the registry.
GPE-IE-Privacy.jpg
Registry-IE-Privacy.jpg
If it is in the registry then you likely need to fix it under HKEY_current_user\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Privacy and HKEY_users\S-1-15-{??yours??}\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Privacy. Otherwise it will return on reboot.

Reaction score
I just disabled geolocation in Group Policy. That's exactly what I was after. It's now off in all my browser's.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It could be under:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Privacy
or:
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Privacy

Reaction score
Thanks Trainable Man. I found one to disable the Geolocation under the Administrative Templates>Internet Explorer. There were 2 useful ones to me in both Privacy listing. #1 Tracking Protection Threshold and #2 Turn off tracking protection. #1 is 3 in both areas now and #2 is disabled in both.

Reaction score
Yeah. Get to calibrate the monitor Tuesday when the Colorimeter arrives. I already installed the updated software and driver for it.

Ask a Question