Where to get windows 7 home 64 bit for cheap

Reaction score
Do you know where to get windows 7 home 64 bit for less than 100 quid?

i have 32 bit win 7 but i want to upgrade to 64 bit.

please can you help.

Reaction score
Just do a search for the Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 x64 iso download it and burn it to a dvd or flash drive. Your current Windows 7 product key will work and you save your money. You will need to do a clean install and you'll need 64 bit drivers, too.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you already own the 32bit version and you simply want to switch that machine to 64bit then it's perfectly legal to download the 64bit version and do a complete reinstall for free. You can get the 64-bit version HERE and you simply install it using your existing product key. Note: that you MUST download the same version as you already own, so in order to install 64-bit Home premium you must already own the 32-bit version of Home Premium. Also make sure you have your product key written down before you format and install the 64-bit version; your product key is normally on the original disk or on a sticker attached to the computer, but if not you can find it from the existing install by using a free software tool called SIW (but it must be done prior to reformatting!!!).

I recommend backing up your user accounts and their data first, using Windows Easy transfer. You will also need all your software disks because they will need reinstalled after the fresh format and install.

Reaction score
i tried the link but it didnt work. Could you give me some more instructions?

Reaction score
The burning to the disc bit doesn't work. I can install from a disc.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Download ISO. Burn ISO to disc. Install.

If you want more specific help, be more specific about the problem you're experiencing.

Reaction score
the problem is that the file burns but It wont let me install it on to My HDD. most of my procrams need 64 bit but i cant install it.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Are you trying to do a fresh install by reformatting your hdd and installing 7, or are you trying to install the 64-bit over an existing 32-bit?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
You can't upgrade from one architecture to another, you have to wipe the existing installation and install Windows 64-bit from scratch.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What Core said is correct; you must do a complete install which means backing up all your settings and data first. W7 comes with a utility tool for that called Windows Easy Transfer.

But as for the burning of the ISO. When you burn it to DVD did you end up with a single ISO file on the DVD? or are there many files? You must burn the ISO with a product that understands it is an IMAGE FILE so that you end up with a bootable DVD and many many files and folders. If you only have a single ISO file on your DVD then it was not burned properly. I recommend you download and install IMGBurn and then open the ISO (on your Harddrive) with IMGBurn and allow it to properly create the W7 DVD.

Once you have backed up your userids & data and have burned a proper W7 DVD; then reboot your system to the DVD (the DVD must be First in your Boot order) and install WITH FORMAT so your hard drive is formatted first. Then restore your userids/data and finally, reinstall all your software/programs.

Last edited:

Ask a Question