Where to get good, safe screensavers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm new to W7, running 64bit home premium, and I would like to add some screensavers. I was hoping to find some on the microsoft website, but there are only themes and wallpapers. I would like to download some understated but modern screensavers, but I am curious where you all get your screensavers. I am wary of "screensaver websites" because of their propensity to contain spyware and even viruses in the downloads. Does anyone have any recommendations for good sources of screensavers?

Ad

Advertisements

clifford_cooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi MazdaSpeeder - Welcome to w7forums

I wish I could help you. I quit messing with screensavers because of the facts you mentioned.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I could help you, but I quit using screensavers several years ago.

They chew up RAM and sometimes use excessive CPU resources. I know they're great eye candy, but that's about it.

I just set my monitor to turn off after 10 minutes and it goes blank.

If you're really intent on using a screensaver, the built-in Windows 7 screensavers are not too bad. Bubbles is pretty cool.

Veedaz

~
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a good idea andsome :)

@ MazdaSpeeder if you do download any screesavers download to say a Flash Drive and hit it with all your security before unzipping / installing etc, some screensavers have been found to contain 90%+ spyware.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I use this site..

I usually check the screensavers I download on virustotal before installing... It will give you a warning if the file contains viruses (can be used for any file)

I have downloaded and installed a couple from http://www.cepo.dk without any problems, they're free too :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juan - Greetings, and you've reactivated a thread that is nearly 20 months old. Therefore, I'm locking this thread down as it really is not relevant anymore.

Thank You for understanding! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question