Where to get good, safe screensavers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm new to W7, running 64bit home premium, and I would like to add some screensavers. I was hoping to find some on the microsoft website, but there are only themes and wallpapers. I would like to download some understated but modern screensavers, but I am curious where you all get your screensavers. I am wary of "screensaver websites" because of their propensity to contain spyware and even viruses in the downloads. Does anyone have any recommendations for good sources of screensavers?

Reaction score
Hi MazdaSpeeder - Welcome to w7forums

I wish I could help you. I quit messing with screensavers because of the facts you mentioned.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I wish I could help you, but I quit using screensavers several years ago.

They chew up RAM and sometimes use excessive CPU resources. I know they're great eye candy, but that's about it.

I just set my monitor to turn off after 10 minutes and it goes blank.

If you're really intent on using a screensaver, the built-in Windows 7 screensavers are not too bad. Bubbles is pretty cool.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thats a good idea andsome :)

@ MazdaSpeeder if you do download any screesavers download to say a Flash Drive and hit it with all your security before unzipping / installing etc, some screensavers have been found to contain 90%+ spyware.

Reaction score
I use this site..

I usually check the screensavers I download on virustotal before installing... It will give you a warning if the file contains viruses (can be used for any file)

I have downloaded and installed a couple from http://www.cepo.dk without any problems, they're free too :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juan - Greetings, and you've reactivated a thread that is nearly 20 months old. Therefore, I'm locking this thread down as it really is not relevant anymore.

Thank You for understanding! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question