Whats Your Weather Like ?

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Snow forecast here too, looks likely we'll have a white Christmas as long as the temps stay where predicted :D

Reaction score
We might get 2 or 3 weeks of freezing weather total through the year. Mostly above freezing a few degrees. We consider snow a real treat in these parts. Two hours to the north and they get snow every year.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Its freezing right now in England -2.1c freezing fog and dangerous on the roads, i do need to go in to town but that will be much later.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Right here in Denmark. Currently about 20cms of snow, which only started early morning (Now late PM).

I took this at daybreak:

View attachment 699

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thats a nice picture Dave, snow always looks peaceful to me :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice pic Dave - have you always lived in Denmark?

It is currently 30c with 67% humidity here atm.

Got to 34c yesterday and I got a really good sunburn on my back… note to self: sunscreen is your friend, use it! :rolleyes:
How I'd love a Winter like that :D

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
This morning at 9am its only 0.5c but it looks like we may have some sun later :)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
How is this for beauty , Veedaz, does this put you to sleep.

NO Ian. I have lived, since 1961, a totally overseas life, working for an international communications company. (mostly in warm climates). I retired to Denamrk as my growing family are totally Danish.

View attachment 702

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Its 2:40am here and the cold woke me up ! so got up and put the heating up (we knock it off at night because it gets two warm in bed) and right now its (- 4.2c) outside a very hard frost.

Reaction score
Its 2:40am here and the cold woke me up ! so got up and put the heating up (we knock it off at night because it gets two warm in bed) and right now its (- 4.2c) outside a very hard frost.
You were asleep at 2:40AM? That's when the best stuff happens here.
I also read up on webdesign about that time, and get the blankets out for the cold night ahead.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It's going to be a mess the next 3+ days, a lot of snow & sleet and very cold afterwards, 19 degrees Sunday and Monday nights. That's unusual weather in early December in North Carolina. If we even get that kind of stuff, it happens in late January through February. Most winters all that we see are flurries. And it's already unusually cold for this area early, too. Sounds like a long, rough winter ahead for us this go round. And I'm eat up with osteoarthritis in my spine and hips, having gone through a four level lumbar fusion in 2006. Now it looks like it's spread to my hips, as I have to take three Percocet to get out of bed in the mornings. And this cold doesn't help one bit. I have to see my doctor in the morning for my monthly visit. He gave me a shot in the hip last month, I'll probably be getting X-rays tomorrow. I'm afraid it's going to be more surgery and a long, hard rehab again. But I don't want to stray too far off the subject, I'm just pointing out that Old Man Winter is rough on me. Hope it's better where you all are at.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
My goodness, cat, that's a sad story. I would put you down as a fairly young man (46). Was it brought on by the nature of your ocupation, or just one of those crazy happenings?
My wife suffers to a very small degree. She is a nature healer, by profession, but cannot get rid of that (steadily worsening) syndrome. She just keeps her calcium level up. But, unfortunately, that also can lead into further problems.

Sorry, off topic. I wanted to express m sympathy.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I appreciate that davehc. It was the nature of my occupation, I was in bakery sales, had been promoted to operations manager over the warehouse due to my excellent performance, and because at the time (age 39), I could no longer do my job due to my health. By the age of 43, I couldn't even hold that job down, due to the pain and my escalated use of narcotic drugs. But this isn't exactly off topic, because it was working in the cold all the time during the winter months that contributed to things. And though I've not worked in nearly four years, the weather plays a part towards my condition still. But thanks for showing your concern, I try to stay a little busy to keep my mind off of it. By being active in this forum, that helps. And I do some reinstalls for friends and make a little extra cash. Being here really helps me to keep going forward. Hey, are you going to get some snow and sleet, too?

Reaction score
It's going to be a mess the next 3+ days, a lot of snow & sleet and very cold afterwards, 19 degrees Sunday and Monday nights. That's unusual weather in early December in North Carolina. If we even get that kind of stuff, it happens in late January through February. Most winters all that we see are flurries. And it's already unusually cold for this area early, too. Sounds like a long, rough winter ahead for us this go round. And I'm eat up with osteoarthritis in my spine and hips, having gone through a four level lumbar fusion in 2006. Now it looks like it's spread to my hips, as I have to take three Percocet to get out of bed in the mornings. And this cold doesn't help one bit. I have to see my doctor in the morning for my monthly visit. He gave me a shot in the hip last month, I'll probably be getting X-rays tomorrow. I'm afraid it's going to be more surgery and a long, hard rehab again. But I don't want to stray too far off the subject, I'm just pointing out that Old Man Winter is rough on me. Hope it's better where you all are at.
I am down here in Georgia. I wish we could get some of that snow you guys always get. Very rare usually.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
We get snow in North Carolina, but it's usually in the mountains. I live in the center of the state, near Greensboro and Chapel Hill (home to UNC and close to Duke). The eastern part of the state (near the coast) gets more than us. But I don't mind one bit.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
And I do some reinstalls for friends and make a little extra cash. Being here really helps me to keep going forward. Hey, are you going to get some snow and sleet, too?
I am retired in the most expensive country in the world(for family reasons) and trying to exist on a meagre British pension. For obviously different reasons, I also try to make up a bit of cash through helping with advice abd installations.

Snow? Man. Look at a picture I posted earlie. At the moment, (Obama has just, this moment, landed in Denmark) it's blowing like the dickens , snow, and about 1 mtr on the ground already!! God bless us, everýone! (apologies to C. Dickens - lol )

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I took this around 5 minuets ago from our bedroom window, its snowing hard !

Ask a Question