Whats wrong with my Gadgets :/

Reaction score
Ok so I'm having trouble with my gadgets on windows 7. I just updated to service pack one and how none of them work. A few of the ones i downloaded turned purple ex(Core Usage, Gpu Temp, Network Meter). Other like the Weather and calendar are just blank or come up extremely small. I looked up a few things but nothing really helped. Can anyone enlighten me on this
Thank you

Ad

Advertisements

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem where I found I had 16 of the same gadget running but could only physically see the one of them.
I cured it by uninstalling totally sidebar gadgets and then re-installing them. (Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off). A couple of reboots are required during the process and you need to add and set up your 3rd party gadgets again. A pain, but it got the gadgets working again.

Check this out as well (black or blank gadgets)
Open regedit.exe. Export (backup) and then delete this registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\

Re-boot. Restart sidebar process.

Possibly related to Adobe Flash update.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
just try to disable some gadgets
if this do not works than try to reinstall the sidebar widget and it will surely work after that

Ask a Question