What Hardware have you been pleased with.

Reaction score
I might be re-hashing an old thread here but what hardware have you ever owned or currently owned that you've been most pleased with.

For me it's been my Philips LCD monitor. It's very old now and was expensive at the time, lacks all the bells and whistles of modern offerings but is still perfect in it's display.

My Thernaltake Xaser III case. Lots of fans, all with removable filters, great access and quick release HDD mounting system. I've had it through 5 computer evolutions now.

My 500gig WD RE3 & RE4 enterprise class drives. 5yr warranty, quiet, not as fast as Raptors but very reliable so far and under $100 each.

Canon Pixma ip3300 printer. Very reliable, mutli ink tanks. Print speed and quality sufficient for my needs.

Belkin router, old tech now only being 'g' class but again it's getting on but been very reliable, wireless and 4 LAN plugs.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
My former (and first) computer, a Dell Latitude C640 notebook. By today's standards, it's crap, with only 256MB RAM (128MB x2) and a Pentium 3 processor, running Win 2K Pro.

But in those days, it was a business class notebook, one that was highly popular. I bought it for around $600 at a bankruptcy auction, it was only 6 months old. I did eventually increase the RAM to 1GB, and until I dropped it getting out of the car, it ran trouble free for six years. It cracked the MOBO, making it useless.

In fact, I loved that notebook so well, I bought another on eBay, but it was a true piece of junk, and fortunately I got my money back.

Also, my recently purchased TrendNet TEW-652BRP wireless router that I got online from Wal Mart. It had so-so reviews, and even Nibs warned me, but I've found it to be the best that I've had. It has Advanced Firewall protection, wireless "N" @300 Mbps, WPA2-PSK security, picks up signal anywhere on my premises, many more features, not able to list them all. Best of all, the price. $22, with free shipping.

Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I will list several here, not in order of preference or performance, just how I think of them from my ADD-riddled brain.

Logitech Trackman Wheel - Absolutely Great!
Key Tronic Designer Lifetime Keyboard - built like a tank and the lettering doesn't wear off and the key pressure is ergonomic
Samsung Hard Drives - Stable and very fast.
Espon R280 Printer - Rock Solid and at two years old performs like new.
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline RAM - Stable, cool running.
Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo CPU @ 3.0 GHz.- Stable, easy to overclock, one of the best bangs for the bucks spent there is.
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R Motherboard - what can I say, it's a Gigabyte!!
Samsung SH-223F DVD-RW burner - stable, accurate and burns like a champ.
Lian-Li PC-7F All Aluminum Black Anodized Mid-Tower computer case - a minimalistic thing of black beauty.
Airlink101 Wireless N PCI Adapter - inexpensive, uses Ralink chipset, dual antennas, fast and rock solid.
Netgear WNR2000 Wireless N Router - cool running, stable, fast, 5 internal antennas, dual-channel.

Last edited:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
My old computer befor the upgrade to what I have now. Hubbie is running it constantly with zero issues at all. Bought that sucker 3 or 4 years ago now and nothing has needed to be replaced.

My really old Canon Lide Scanner, still works like a champ after thousands of scans and shows no signs of age.

My older LG Flattron monitor, again no issues whatsoever, solid as a rock

Reaction score
Another I forgot to mention before and given a lot of use since I bought it.
A Lindy USB & eSATA docking station with standalone drive cloning feature.

Reaction score
hardware

i had an old P3 from gateway sitting in the garage, so added network card, a wireless nic, a usb 2.0 card, replace the 20 gig hd with an 80 gighd, an external card reader and installed winxp pro and three linux distros. it was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
i had an old P3 from gateway sitting in the garage, so added network card, a wireless nic, a usb 2.0 card, replace the 20 gig hd with an 80 gighd, an external card reader and installed winxp pro and three linux distros. it was a lot of fun.
I like to mess with older computers too, but it was an expensive habit that I had to break. But those days were fun, I do have to agree.

I still keep a install of Win 2K on hand myself. And despite the fact that Mary Jo whoever reported thousands of holes in the OS, I've never had a virus on that particular OS. Having used it for six straight years at one time, I feel that I'm qualified to say that it was a decent OS for it's time.

You can still install and apply all of the updates that was issued to it, and can manually download a fresh MS Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool every month. And Office 2003 had a couple of critical updates a couple of months ago.

Older OS's is the same to me as one who likes older cars, they can be fun to work with.

Cat

Reaction score
For me it's my TRUST wireless keyboard and mouse. This is the third machine they have been used on.

Reaction score
Well, I'm using my keyboard and mouse from from last 4 years and they are still working pretty fine.... And the other one is 80 GB hard drive that I'm using since five years... and I've never had any bad sector and error in it...
Chandler Homes for Sale

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I'm using my keyboard and mouse from from last 4 years and they are still working pretty fine.... And the other one is 80 GB hard drive that I'm using since five years... and I've never had any bad sector and error in it...
I would guess that my keyboard and mouse are probably three times as old as that. My D drive is in its second computer, having been the C drive in the previous one.:D

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
My 1TB Samsung HD103SJ drive that I bought from Newegg for only $59.99. It's the best, fastest, and quietest HDD that I've ever owned. For the price, it can't be beat.

Cons: I wished that I had the cash to buy 2 of them!:D

It even beats out the 1TB WD Caviar Black that I use as a backup drive. It's a good drive, just not as quiet as the Samsung.

Cat

Ask a Question