What happened to FC Designs Forum?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I'm having trouble too. There are several websites I can't get on to lately.

I wonder if Obama is now screwin' with the internet. Him and that wench Nancy Pelosi.

This kinda bothers me because it only started in the last few days, since about Friday.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That site is down for me too - you can use this link to check if a site is working from multiple external locations:

http://www.alertra.com

It should provide some information on why it isn't working, such as DNS issue, timeout, HTTP error etc..

In the case of the first link, I think Fire Cat runs his own server, so it could be that it is turned off or his connection is down.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
No, we're talking about FireCat's own website (forum) that he started a couple of month's ago.

I Googled it yesterday and there a are a lot of fc-design possibilities out there. His was on page 2 or 3.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
In the case of the first link, I think Fire Cat runs his own server, so it could be that it is turned off or his connection is down.
Spot on! I can't afford 80$ to have my website hosted. And, I get 35GB of storage for only 10$, something that would normally cost me 7000 $.

I have a feeling someone turned off the server, or something, but I'm on holidays in Germany, so I can't do much. :dontknow:
I'm moving to France in a few weeks, so we often have to turn on and off the computers.

Davehc, my website is a software forum, where you can share softwares, games, tutorials and websites. Yodap allready posted the link.

It used to be on the first page of google :rolleyes:... Ah well, it'll be back eventually. I allready get some nice results in the Google Webmaster tools (when my website appears in google ) and in Google Analytics (visitors).

Edit: I just, *cough* took control of my home PC, and it seems a network cable is unplugged... I'll try to contact someone there to get it fixed.

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
The FC Designs Forum is back on :)

My dad plugged in the network cable...

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
If you were to attract ads on your site, and they do good, you'll have your very own server to work with. This one lady that runs a medical related forum brings in enough money to pay for everything, through ads.

I don't know exactly how it works, but you get some kind of commission from the ads.

Fire Cat, one day, you'll want for nothing. I can see it now, you'll have a big time forum at some point. Hang in there!

Cat

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys :)

Sorry for bumping this old thread but - for all the members that are from here - I have just managed to get it up again, after having had DNS issues caused by the fact that I moved to Paris.

I might be adding adds for non registered members pretty soon, to get a little money, and maybe make a better forum ;) IP Board looks good!

Meh! :D

Last edited:

Ask a Question