Well My UPS Works.

Reaction score
Only got it installed today after a month delay in shipping.
With bated breath I switched off the mains power with everything running and there was nary a blink. Just an alarm to say I was on backup power.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's good to hear. My power has went out once since I bought it, it kept on going. I was here on the forum when it happened, and was able to finish my post & shut down OK.

I'm getting ready to add a phone to mine, normally cordless phones has no power, but I'm considering a MagicJack device for phone service, so the phone will be in here. Fortunately, it doesn't run on the same band as my wireless router does, so it shouldn't cause interference.

Glad to hear that it works for you, everyone that has a computer (or even a cordless phone) needs one. A phone could probably run on one for a while, even a cheap one.

Cat

Reaction score
Well it tells me I have (on this fresh battery) 44 minutes of run time. That's running my 24inch monitor, the computer itself, the modem and the Voip box. The speakers and printers are on mains but they are not vital for running.
I would not keep it on battery, but just do a normal shutdown then wait for mains to come back up before I rebooted.

Reaction score
My APC UPS comes in real handy in my area. Alot of blackouts and surges. Every week or 2 mine'll switch to battery for about 30 seconds due to a brief black out. I can tell it's nothing bad to do with the UPS, as a light not hooked up to it will briefly get a little dimmer at the exact same time.

Ask a Question