Weeks of BSOD

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm hoping I can finally get some help here. I've been feeling quite inept lately. For weeks I've been getting all sorts of BSOD errors. From Memory Management, to Bad Pool Headers, to blank ones, and right now System Service Exception. I have no idea why I'm getting them.

I do remember that the very, very, very first BSOD I got, was after I installed Audio4Fun Voice Changer. I uninstalled that and did a system restore hoping that would solve it. It didn't, however that was the first instance.

After browsing on these forums trying to find a solution on my own, I had even changed my virtual memory settings. That worked for a few days. I've seen that screenshots of CPU-Z and the latest minidump file are the norm for finding out what may be wrong. So I'm including all of those.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I'll have to upload the dump file in a little bit. I didn't know I should ZIP it to upload, so I made a mistake and did a .txt extension on it, and I can't change it back to .dmp. Or I suppose if I crash again I'll upload that one.

EDIT 2: So I zipped and uploaded the dmp that was changed to text. I'm assuming that anyone who has debugging tools can probably change the file type back? Thanks again.

EDIT 3: Added SPD Pictures. Apparently they are being read as in slots 2 and 4. Even though they are next to each other and the motherboard identifies the DIMM slots as 1 and 3.

EDIT 4: After changing RAM. I got another BSOD. Bad Pool Header. Here is new dump.

EDIT 5l Updaded Memory tab after fixing ram slots.
MOD EDIT: Not a biggie but the zipped file now contains .DMP extension

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
First off your ram is running in single channel. You need to set it to unganged in the bios for dual-channel to work. Second you didn't include the CPU-z's SPD tab screenshot. You need to compare those columns to the one's in CPU-z's Memory tab. I'll bet they don't match. Change all the memory settings in the bios to match one of the rows in CPU-z's SPD tab.

Reaction score
Okay. So I should set it to unganged then? The BIOS described taht as possibly bad. The SPD is completely blank so I didn't include a shot of that.

Well.. it is already set to unganged actually in the BIOS. And my sticks are in ddrr3-1 and ddr3-3 as suggested in the motherboard settings.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How about your ram's manufacturer name and the model number i/e: Corsair, Kinston, G-Skill. Pull out one of your ram sticks and give us those numbers.

Reaction score
Change the FSB DRAM to 1.4. Your FSB DRAM is currently set wrong at 3.10 . You've got a kit with 2 4GB. sticks which are dual-channel. Ganged runs them in single-channel which is wrong. Unganged runs them properly. Change the FSB DRAM to 1.4 Set tRC & CR to Auto until you change the other 2 setting's a re-run CPU-z again and look at the SPD tabs 800mhz. settings. Then set those 2 settings in the bios to what CPU-z says.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Change the FSB DRAM to 1.4. Your FSB DRAM is currently set wrong at 3.10 . You've got a kit with 2 4GB. sticks which are dual-channel. Ganged runs them in single-channel which is wrong. Unganged runs them properly. Change the FSB DRAM to 1.4 Set tRC & CR to Auto until you change the other 2 setting's a re-run CPU-z again and look at the SPD tabs 800mhz. settings. Then set those 2 settings in the bios to what CPU-z says.
I'm not sure what tRC and CR are but I'll look it up. However they are set to unganged right now. So not sure what else to do about that one.

Reaction score
They're all in the ram settings menu in the bios. Usually in the Advanced section.tRC is Bank Cycle Time & CR is Command Rate

Reaction score
They're all in the ram settings menu in the bios. Usually in the Advanced section.tRC is Bank Cycle Time & CR is Command Rate
All the settings for my ram are in the intelligent tweaker section. I can't really find the setting you're describing but it is set to unganged.

While reading my motherboard manual, I just saw something really important that I must have missed when installing my RAM. It says I should put the ram in 1 and 2 sockets, and I thought it said 1 and 3. I can't believe I missed this before. Will change it now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
O.K. Try this, I know Nibiru 2012 uses a Gigabyte mobo. try sending him a personal message and specifically ask where you find those settings at in your bios.Also, yes remove the ram and put it in as follows: slot 1, slot 2, slot 3 (if used and then slot 4 (if used).

Ask a Question