Weather Gadget hard to see on desktop

Reaction score
I keep the Weather Gadget on my desktop. Until very recently it was easy to see but now it is very faint, showing in a dark lavender color. I believe this happened a week or so ago when I touched a wrong button on my monitor and made my entire desktop that dark lavender color. I got support and was able to recover to original - I thought. But that gadget is still that awful color, making it hard to see on my wallpaper. I have found where the 'advanced settings' are - like the old ones in earlier versions of Windows - but don't know which to change. 'Desktop' is set at white. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bd830

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Could you take a screenshot and attach the picture so we can see? And there are various Weather Widgets, could you be specific as to which one? Are you using an Aero glass theme or solid colors ... go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization and try a different theme or if you like you current background then just select "Window Color" and try a different setting there.

There is also another possibility ... it may not be a software issue at all. If everything on the screen is an odd hue, not just the widget, then make sure the cable connecting the monitor to the tower is well secured because bad or loose cables can cause a color change.

Ask a Question