Faulty Weather Icon

Reaction score
I have windows 7 and my stupid weather icon say's it's sunny outside but is actually raining and it also is saying 83 Degrees Celsius but it is actually 23 Degrees Celsius
I'am not happy with it.

Reaction score
I have windows 7 and my stupid weather icon say's it's sunny outside but is actually raining and it also is saying 83 Degrees Celsius but it is actually 23 Degrees Celsius
I'am not happy with it.
Have you configured it for your area. I live in Burntwood Staffordshire, and entered Burntwood GBR into its search. It is bang on all the time. It show as a dark icon until daylight, then shows yellow.:cool:

Reaction score
Yes It is set to Tamworth (West) NSW in Australia and I Live At Tamworth (North) NSW in Australia which is 10 Minutes away. as West Tamworth NSW Australia is the only setting. but it shouldn't change as the weather is the same.

Reaction score
Yes It is set to Tamworth (West) NSW in Australia and I Live At Tamworth (North) NSW in Australia which is 10 Minutes away. as West Tamworth NSW Australia is the only setting. but it shouldn't change as the weather is the same.
It's showing night time and partly cloudy now which is correct but it still say's 67 degrees Celcius.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm, that doesn't sound right... 67C is pretty hot ;)

Can you right click the gadget and make sure that the check box is on "Celsius" and not "Fahrenheit"?

Reaction score
Hi Coco

That could be a local service that is not updating everything.

I've noticed that my temperature sticks from time to time. If you select a neighboring city, you may notice close to the correct stats. Periodically check back to see if your location is working again.

Reaction score
It' working properly again I'am Pretty Dumb-Dumb I restarted the computer and it's fine. but would have caused it to do what it did?:)

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
When I was using Vista the weather gadget would frequently "get stuck", and the only way to refresh it was to reset the location settings on it. It might just be a poorly written gadget.

Reaction score
Ya But it didn't get over 30C yesterday so where did the 83C and 67C come from?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Maybe it was measuring the inside of your oven? 83C is about 181 Fahrenheit... :eek: Could be some sort of problem with whatever sensor is generating the temps I suppose.

Reaction score
Since I have been using it here in Burntwood, Staffordshire it is always exactly the same as the thermometer on the outside of my car. No complaints, it is showing 4 degrees outside at present.:cool:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I use a weather gadget on my main computer and its quite good at getting the temp right ... 3c ATM :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Maybe it was measuring the inside of your oven? 83C is about 181 Fahrenheit... :eek: Could be some sort of problem with whatever sensor is generating the temps I suppose.

:eek: :pcguru:

I use an add-on in my Firefox browser for weather. I have never liked the widget sidebar thing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One very small irritation with mine is that on an occasional instance it does not show on boot up, and I have to put it there again.:confused:

Ask a Question