W7 Volume error on Left 4 Dead

Reaction score
Hi people. I dont know why but, when I play Left 4 Dead or Garrys Mod the process volume on Volume Mixer goes on minimum but a "ghost" volume icon stays on maximum.

I always have to minimize my game and get my volume on maximum again, each round start (when survivors were overwhelmed or survivors win).

When i have an SS i post here.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like this problem is very common with L4D on Windows 7. To try and fix it, open the Speakers properties then under the communications tab, ensure that it's set to "Do nothing." That should solve your problem :)

Reaction score
im sorry but i didnt found the "Do Nothing" box, and there is no Communications tab :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you check under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound for the speaker properties (sorry I missed that part out). The communications tab should be the last one on the list :) I'm 99% sure this is the problem, as the default option on this page reduces your speaker volume when it detects communication activity (which some games use).

Reaction score
Thank you! I found the communications tab and then select Do Nothing, but I did the following:

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Change system sounds > Communications

I'm gonna test it and then reply here if is the real solution!

Reaction score
yes! it worked, thank you, i didnt replyed before because I was playing =D

thankyou so much.

Reaction score
Can I make a new topic showing how to fix it, but with some images? Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks TimeShift, that's a great way to illustrate it :D

Ask a Question