W7 Diag Tool v2.01 - Developed by AceInfinity

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I created this tool a long while back, and recently got to improving it, so here's a demo of my most recent version:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]dP7en-DFc20[/MEDIA]"]W7 Diag Tool v2.01 - Developed by AceInfinity - YouTube[/ame]

Any feedback if anyone has any further suggestions or just general comments on my program :)
Everything multi-threaded to enhance the most optimal functionality of the program in terms of speed for retrieving and creating the data for review. If there was a way to click every last button at the exact same time, all this data could be retrieved at the exact same time on multiple threads which makes it so fast with it's processing abilities.

I've customized it to fit Windows 7 Operating Systems though, so it will work on Windows 7 only for now.

Last edited:

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I appreciate your interest in it :) I'm hoping to make this good enough to help in BSOD analysis. Like Capt. Jack Sparrow's SF Diag Tool.

I personally think this version has lots more options and returns much more data though. I also multi-threaded it so it's much faster as well.

New preview:

Checkboxes are to reduce the number of clicks, and less message boxes show up as well this way. When all tasks are complete, it prompts with a finished message. This tool also tells you how many more logs are still in the process of being written until it counts down to 0, which will then allow you to close the application. :)

Edit: Didn't plan on releasing it yet, but I believe it's pretty well finished up until the next update I find to add to it.

Edit: Removed download, working on fixing things.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Ace. Just downloaded it. I'll try it out in a few hour's after I wake up.

Reaction score
Ace; It caused a error message in Windows and I got a bsod. The bsod may have to do with NIS 1 2012 9.5.0.145 as that's a new version Symantec released Friday night. It's had various bug's in it.

Attachments

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Your video really doesn't explain that software at all to be honest. Reminds me more of that commercial from a few years back with the AT&T cellphone starring Vlad and Dieter the Gay Belgian techno twins. :eek:

Techno music is a total turnoff, know to cause seizures and other minor reactions.

Perhaps if you did a more thorough video explaining the features and benefits with voice-over I would 'maybe' be more inclined to consider trying it out.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Temptation killed the cat. I downloaded and tried it. I didn't get a bsod as did Brkkab, but it hung my computer towards the end of the program. I had to reboot.

Broken into different phases, but the final output, up to when it went woing, seemed very similar to SIW

Last edited:

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Ace; It caused a error message in Windows and I got a bsod. The bsod may have to do with NIS 1 2012 9.5.0.145 as that's a new version Symantec released Friday night. It's had various bug's in it.
Hmm, i'll have to take a look at that, I haven't gotten any bugs with this in the last 2 hours i've been debugging this program, along with others that also have my program...

Your video really doesn't explain that software at all to be honest. Reminds me more of that commercial from a few years back with the AT&T cellphone starring Vlad and Dieter the Gay Belgian techno twins.

Techno music is a total turnoff, know to cause seizures and other minor reactions.

Perhaps if you did a more thorough video explaining the features and benefits with voice-over I would 'maybe' be more inclined to consider trying it out.
Techno? This is definitely not Techno, I know ton's of various music, but I don't listen to Techno. You're mistaken with the genre here. This would be more something like drum and bass as that was the specific category it was listed under through Youtube's music selection.

These are definitely some unexpected comments though. I've released it as the new beta version on various forums, and nobody other than members here have had issues with it which seems odd, but i'll look into it.

Ask a Question