Volume Graphic GUI

Reaction score
I have a DELL Latitude E5220 I had to re install the OS which is Win7 Ultimate x64

everything is back to normal except when I press the volume up and down I don't the GUI graphic on the screen showing the volume control level.

How can I get this to work again?

Attached is a screen shot of what I am talking about.

Attachments

Reaction score
Right-click on the little speaker icon that's next to the date at the right side of the ntaskbar and click on "Open Volume Mixer". Just so you know you can change the volume and give varioua different program's a different volume in Windows 7.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Right-click on the little speaker icon that's next to the date at the right side of the ntaskbar and click on "Open Volume Mixer". Just so you know you can change the volume and give varioua different program's a different volume in Windows 7.
I don't believe this is what he wants. He want's that volume visual to be shown whenever he changes the volume (from his preview image), which currently isn't showing for him. Update your sound drivers, and check your sound driver options through the control panel to see if you can find settings in there for the display.

Reaction score
I don't believe this is what he wants. He want's that volume visual to be shown whenever he changes the volume (from his preview image), which currently isn't showing for him. Update your sound drivers, and check your sound driver options through the control panel to see if you can find settings in there for the display.

Exactly, I am looking for the Volume Visual GUI........I 'll try your advice and keep you post it

Thanks,

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The on screen volume display is NOT part of the OS. When you installed it sounds like you used an Ultimate Disk rather than Dell's installation so you do not have any of Dell's "extras". Those extras would include the program to display volume on screen.

You can probably download the original program from Dell or you can try a substitute like 3RVX which is what I use and love. What I love about 3RVX is that it is customizable so I can make my own volume bars.

If I had to guess I would bet it is this client/management instrumentation program:
DellLatitude.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh, I thought he just wanted to change the volume. If I remember correct if it's Realtek he has they did away with there visual's bwck when Vista came out. I had a visual on screen slider in XP with Realtek. After I upgraded (clean install) to Vista it was gone. If that help's Vista and 7 have the same coding, basically 7 has more registry changes than Vista had out the gate. I noticed that one when I started tweak 7 on my pc. Where Vista had a 10 or 20 for setting, 7 has 7 or so.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Again brkkab, same situation, when you installed fresh you wiped out the program that came with your computer. Many manufacturers include a program, but it is not part of the OS or the driver (except maybe a little slider).

Reaction score
I have a DELL Latitude E5220 I had to re install the OS which is Win7 Ultimate x64

everything is back to normal except when I press the volume up and down I don't the GUI graphic on the screen showing the volume control level.

You will need to go to the Dell Support site in Drivers and Downloads and find your system and download the "Feature Enhancement Pack" That will restore all of your on screen indicators for volume and screen brightness, etc.

Ask a Question