New Vizio monitor and Firefox now gives BSOD

Reaction score
So I got a Vizio TV and hooked up to the RGB port. TV works great computer great. But then I realize Firefox won't start. So I try starting firefox.exe -ProfileManager and then I get BSOD.

See attached Dumps.

The vizio drive is just a normal Windows PNP Monitor driver

My machine is a Dell Dimension H2C.
Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.0 Ghz with 4 gig Ram

Attachments

Reaction score
Update video card driver:

nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Sat Apr 03 20:06:21 2010

NVIDIA

----------

VSTBS26 VSTBS26.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:54:06 2008
VSTDPV6 VSTDPV6.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:57:45 2008
VSTCNXT6 VSTCNXT6.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:52:22 2008

Update these modem drivers from Dell's or the manufacturer's website. Very important.

---------

Update this Broadcom ethernet lan driver from Dell's website:

b57nd60a b57nd60a.sys Sun Apr 26 07:14:55 2009

--------

Update this wireless adapter driver too from Dell or the manufacturer of the card (whichever is newest):

netr28ux netr28ux.sys Wed Aug 05 09:59:46 2009

Reaction score
Welll I updated the Nvidia Drivers also uninstalled and removed the modem card as I never use it anyway.

The Ethernet Lan card seems up to date best I can tell.

The Wireless Adaptor is as well.

Firefox.exe still causes BSOD

Thanks for the speedy reply, sorry it took me so long to get back to this.

Attachments

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Updating drivers is not always a "universal panacea" to fixing a BSOD.

Apparently you have issues elsewhere. Have you uninstalling Firefox and then reinstalling it? Use CCleaner to clean out the registry after the uninstall prior to reinstalling FF and see if that clears it up.

Reaction score
Firefox can not cause a bsod. It however, in non-technical terms, can be finding the weakness on the machine which then causes them.

You have a 2008 Creative driver amongst the many other Creative ones. This is a likely reason for crashing.

ctac32k ctac32k.sys Wed Jul 02 04:38:22 2008

Best bet here is to use Driver Sweeper from http://wwwGuru3d.com in safe mode to remove all traces of Creative from the machine. Then boot to normal mode and download the latest driver install package for your card and install.

http://support.creative.com/Products/Products.aspx?catid=1

You can also visit the manufacturer's site of the new tv/monitor to see if there is a driver available for it. If so, install it, probably using the device manager.

---------

It's a good idea to remove Virtual Clone Drive software from the machine by uninstalling. You can then install PowerISO which wil never crash, as a replacement for disc emulation. Emulation part of the software is free forever:

http://www.PowerISO.com

---------

You have an older nForce chipset driver:

nvstor nvstor.sys Wed May 20 02:45:37 2009

Check your motherboard manual for the type of NVIDIA chipset you have. Then use the following link to change the GeForce dropdown to nForce and download the correct type for your board. Install:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

Reaction score
Well it has crashed many more times and I think I have searched for every driver on the planet. Since I had virtual clone drive installed for a very long time I didn't think it could be related. Why would adding a new monitor cause it to change? Who knows. I also purchased a product called DriverCure which does help find some drivers. But since I don't really trust getting drivers from those other than manufacturers I Used it to at least point out which drivers were old and then I would go to manufacturers sites to get them.

Some of these appeared to be upto date but reinstalling them did make changes. I think I have them all up to date except I have on USB human interface and one PCI Device that seem to be old but i don't know what the devices actually are.

I have attached the dump files that I was getting. But it appears the Virtual Clone Drive was the culprit. Thank you all for your help TorrentG especially for an amazing speedy responses. I will install PowerISO now based on your advice. Thanks. again so very much.

Attachments

Reaction score
Updating drivers is not always a "universal panacea" to fixing a BSOD.
Updating and/or removing drivers is the only way to fix bsods at all. (When have you ever seen a bsod fixed otherwise when software was the cause and not hardware?)

If, when the drivers are all in satisfactory condition there are still bsods, then memory is faulty. It really is as simple as that. No other software ever comes into play at any point in troubleshooting bsods.

In this case, I suggest to uninstall VMWare software. If bsods continue, test the memory overnight with Memtest86+ as it is faulty.

Reaction score
Virtual Clone Drive causes BSOD

I didn't make it very clear in my last post.

The problem was Virtual Clone Drive.

Ask a Question