SOLVED Wife sees me, I do not see her

Reaction score
Hello:

My computer cannot see my wife's, but her computer can see mine.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit for both computers. Had Homegroup, and I could map one of my wife's drives in my Windows Explorer(actually replacement: DOpus). At some point, the mapping stopped working.

I have disconnected my wife's computer from the Homegroup (but not deleted the Homegroup) to see what happened then. This is the situation (after rebooting both computers):

In the Network and Sharing Center, when I click on "See full map", I get the same picture on both computers, namely

My computer |
---------------------|--- Switch------ Gateway------ Globe
Wife's computer |

When I click "Click here to see all other devices", I get this:

My computer: Clicking my wife's computer icon, no connection can be established.

Wife's computer: Clicking my computer icon, a map and the word "Share" is shown.

I am not sure what this difference indicates, and I would very much appreciate advice on what I should do.

Regards,

Hans L

Reaction score
Solved. Turned out that the wife-drive I wanted to map to my computer was protected (Computer > Properties > System protection >Protection settings > Wife-drive > On (Protection).

Hans L

Ask a Question