Virtual CloneDrive

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score

Virtual CloneDrive is a virtual cd/dvd drive creator by Slysoft. It is a great replacement for Deamon Tools or Alcohol. Best of all, it's totally free!

Virtual CloneDrive works and behaves just like a physical CD/DVD drive, however it exists only virtually. Image files generated with CloneDVD or CloneCD can be mounted onto a virtual drive from your hard-disk or from a network drive and used in the same manner as inserting them into a normal CD/DVD drive.

Probably the best virtual drive software, Virtual CloneDrive allows you to enjoy the freedom of a virtual drive and is completely free.
Features:
- Supports all common image formats such as ISO, BIN, CCD
- Supports up to 8 virtual drives at the same time
- Easy to use - just double-click an image file to mount as a drive
- Virtual CloneDrive is freeware, you may use it at no cost.
Home page: http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html
Downoad page: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You go to any bar in any town and offer them a copy of Virtual CloneDrive instead of their alcohol and they will laugh at you. This will not replace alcohol. And why are you drinking at your age? :p

BTW Alcohol 120 can emulate but it can also physically burn DVDs.

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I meant as a replacement for Alcohol 120 & 52.

For burning, I prefer Nero.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I knew that :p

Yes it would be a competitor for 52 but as I mentioned above, probably not 120 because it can actually burn DVDs as well.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I meant as a replacement for Alcohol 120 & 52.

For burning, I prefer Nero.
For all of my burning needs, ImgBurn does the job well. I've heard bad things about Nero, right here on this forum.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well since someone here really frowns on Daemon Tools and MagicISO, maybe he should compare this product to PowerISO.

Me personally I'll keep using Daemon Tools until it causes me problems, for some of my games I need the extra security features ... Me: Yes I own the game. Computer: Please put it in the drive. Me: Can't, it's in storage in my Bro's basement. Computer: Sorry you can't play. OH a hidden Daemon Tools ISO copy, why didn't you say so. Hello, you are the wheelman! ... :D

Thanks for the heads up FireCat

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Cat wrote
For all of my burning needs, ImgBurn does the job well.
Same here, I have used ImgBurn for many years with out any problems ... ever.

Thanks for the info on Virtual Clone Drive FC :top:

Ask a Question