VIP Members

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just made some changes to the site site which I hope you'll all like :D

There is an automatic promotions system in place which will reward all users over a certain number of posts with a VIP badge. The post count needed to achive this is kept a secret (but it's not too hard to figure out an estimate ;)) and it is a thank you to active users on the site. Don't worry if you don't have a VIP badge yet, as if they were given out instantly that would spoil the fun - it will come in time :)

Another bonus of reaching VIP member status is the ability to change the user title within the User CP (under "Edit Your Details). In time there may be other goodies added too!

Well done to those members who have reached VIP status already! I'm sure we'll have plenty more joining their ranks over the coming weeks and months.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How do you get to be a VIP member?
You need to reach a certain post count before you're bumped up (it's automatic) - don't worry, it won't take you long to get there ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Whereas, I am super far away.:bawling:

Time to dust off the ol` "Me Too!" comment style from my AOL days.:D

How about a "NOOB" badge for people with 25 or less posts? :lol:
I'm considering adding some other ranks, so keep your eyes peeled ;) At your current posting rate you're still not too long from reaching VIP member status - but we can't make it too easy to reach :D

Reaction score
how far am i away, I am happpy though i am the 5th most posted member on this forum :)

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Haha, cool idea but it's too bad there is no distinction between quality type posts and the one word reply ones...hehe

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
how far am i away, I am happpy though i am the 5th most posted member on this forum :)
As it's a secret, I can't let the cat out of the bag ;) But you really don't have long to wait :)

Haha, cool idea but it's too bad there is no distinction between quality type posts and the one word reply ones...hehe
There is an element of that involved - the total thanks count and length of replies does have an effect on the number at which the VIP badge is awarded. In future this might become clearer and we might switch to a reputation rank system instead (no plans for that as yet though, I'm just thinking out loud). :)

Reaction score
I have a long way to go :(

can we get a badge for the longest lurker on the forum lol as my windows 7 works like an ace and i don't need much help at the moment :)

Ask a Question