Video Card Driver ??

Reaction score
My HP computer originally came with Vista. Some time back, I bought the full version W7 Home Premium and did a clean install. Almost everything has ran great except one thing......

.....The video card ran fine till I installed W7. Right now I only have one game, when I start it, it quickly starts slowing down till it's really dragging.
Like I said, this game always worked fine till I installed W7.

Processor is Intel Core 2 quad Q6600
Video Card is Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS

I recently went to Nvidia and downloaded the latest driver, but it didn't help. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no help.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
DD,
The nVidia drivers should work... don't know why they would cause you issues.

Remember though, some gamers have been experiencing issues with Windows 7.

Perhaps these will be addressed with SP1.

Good Luck!

Reaction score
DD,
The nVidia drivers should work... don't know why they would cause you issues.

Remember though, some gamers have been experiencing issues with Windows 7.

Perhaps these will be addressed with SP1.

Good Luck!
I like everything else about W7, but apparently either Nvidia or Microsoft has left "some gamers" hanging high and dry with driver issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The GeForce 8800/Core 2/Windows 7 combo is one of the most popular hard combos at another forum I help administrate. What driver did you download?

I find it impossible to believe you can only get one game to run, unless all of your games are older than dirt.

Reaction score
The GeForce 8800/Core 2/Windows 7 combo is one of the most popular hard combos at another forum I help administrate. What driver did you download?

I find it impossible to believe you can only get one game to run, unless all of your games are older than dirt.

Thanks Thrax. According to the Nvidia scan, the driver is Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 197.13

Sorry about the misunderstanding.....There's only one game I'm trying to run, Atomaders, and it was rated for Vista and ran great as such. After installing W7, same game / same computer (except for the new OS) it won't run right. The Vista was 32 bit, but so is my W7.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello,

User #198379 4048 posts
boofhead1234
Whirlpool Forums Addict
Im sure this thread will help others with the same problem, as I did a thread search and couldnt find anything covering this.
I am experiencing problems with a lot of my games, and i suspect it is the graphics card drivers. I want to update to the lastest driver from the nvidia website for my 8800gt.
Before I do this, i want to "completely" uninstall nvidia drivers from my pc. All traces, everything. Sometimes i dont uninstall and just install a driver over the top and it works fine, some times it doesnt.
But even if i uninstall through control panel, it will always leave files here and there.
So how can i completely uninstall and remove my current nvidia driver before installing the new one?

No resolution from the forum listed. Nov.5,2009. Had some programs listed to remove Nvidia drivers. Showing that this is not a unique or new problem.

If you have v 197.45 (4-13-2010} installed, you might try and older version. v.196.21 (1-19-2010) or v. 195.62 (11-26-2009).
I found that sometimes this would help with some games.

Hope you find a solution.

Ask a Question