video card driver problem

Reaction score
'm having a problem with my new Windows 7. When I start up any game, it says "Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on."

in my device manager,everything's ok. So i downloaded CPU-Z to show you my computer video card and it's all in these pics
plese tell me what should i do.

ps. when i play my video which is high quality,the picture doesn't match with the sound. i don't know is this related to my problem but maybe it'll help you more

Attachments

Reaction score
I'd check with Nvidia, most of their drivers have been extreme f*** ups for 7. Are you using any utilities provided by the card manufacturer? Also are you opening it as admin?

Reaction score
so the problem is my vga card? or my video card driver?
first,i think the reason is my video card driver which isn't appropriate with others.
i'm not using any utilities provided by the card manufacturer.
if the problem is my video card driver , can you give me url for downloading the driver that work out w/my comp?

sorry for my bad english :dontknow:

Reaction score
Hi KTbccc - Welcome to w7forums

The "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" is a generic graphics driver that Windows uses when a driver can not be found.

You have Intel 865 Chipset which means if you have onboard graphics, All of Windows features will not work with this old of graphics. Windows 7 does not and can not support these graphics fully.

If you have an AGP card, we need to know more about this card before we can assist further.

Do you have onboard graphics or an AGP graphics adapter?
If AGP, who is the maker and what series card do you have?

Reaction score
sorry,but how can i know that my computer has an AGP card? or onboard graphics?
how can i check it?

Reaction score
If you have an Nvidia card there have been reports of slow frame rates from the latest driver. They have been advising people to revert back to an earlier version until they get it straight.

Reaction score
Does your monitor cable connect to the motherboard or a card in one of the card slots connected to the motherboard?

Empty Case.jpg

Reaction score
There should be a label somewhere on the card telling you which graphics card you have.

Reaction score
i just found ''DVI'' on the first card where i plug the monitor cable

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Nope, that's not it. That's just telling you the type of video connection.

Open the case and pull the video card out. There is where you'll see the mfg's. label.

Reaction score
There is AGP cards that Windows 7 will support.

I'm not up on nVidia tech, someone else would need to give a few examples for nVidia AGP cards.

Any Radeon HD 3000 or 4000 series AGP card will be supported by Windows 7.
List of Radeon cards at Newegg.com

https://www.w7forums.com/ati-driver-support-list-t4429.html

AMD Desktop Product Family Support
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 5900 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 X2 Series- - - ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 Series
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 3600 Series
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 4700 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 3400 Series
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 Series
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 5500 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 4650 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 Series
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 5400 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 Series
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 Series - - - - ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 Series
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 X2 Series- - - ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 Series

Reaction score
Hello:
Right click on the word" computer" on the right side of the start menu.
Or the desktop as "My Computer".
Or in Windows Explorer.
In the window that opens left click" manage".
In the window that opens left click "device manager".
Right side list will have "display adapter"
Click on the arrow next to the words and this should be the active video,
card. Write down the name. Right click and choose "properties", then
click on the driver tab, write down the driver version.
Go to the chipset manufacturer ie: ATI Radeon , Nvidia.
Search for an updated driver for your card. Download and save the driver.
Install after you read the installation information on the driver site.

Reaction score
Sorry for my last post. Need to slow down and read all the postings.
I visited the Nvidia site it has drivers for your card listed for Windows Vista
32bit and 64bit Version 96.85.Try this if you have an older driver version. No Windows7 listing for this card.
If this version is installed then you have the latest driver from Nvidia.
Next step maybe a different video card.
Take Care. Good Luck.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Go ahead and try the Vista drivers, they'll probably work for you. A lot of Vista drivers have been working okay on Windows 7.

The FX5500 is an OLD card for sure. You must have an old motherboard also if all you have is an AGP video slot.

Good luck to you and I hope you get your video issues resolved.

Ask a Question