VIA HD Audio Deck Bass Boost Problem

Reaction score
Hi, i'm having some problems with HD Audio Deck (didn't had this problem while using windows xp). I can't move the bass boost slider. I don't remember if i changed the bass boost when i was using xp but now the bass and overall sound is weaker. Any ideas?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
W7 64bit or 32bit? What soundcard (or motherboard if built-in) make/model? Computer make/model?

THIS is an old thread but might help

It's also possible you may need to run the application in compatibility mode. You may need to use Vista compatibility or (I doubt it but you could try) run as an administrator.

Reaction score
I forgot, sorry, i'm using windows 7 x32 and i think the sound card is included in the motherboard (asus p5kpl/1600) but now i have other problems. I updated hd audio deck but i have 2 problems : 1.when i play anything in windows media player i can only hear a small bass coming out but no sound at all. 2. i can move the slider from the bass boost but the bass won't increase

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Go to the AsusTeK webpage and download & install the latest audio driver VIA Audio Driver V6.0.1.7400. While you are there bookmark the page and get the others Bios & drivers updates for your board and Windows 7 OS.

Also if you have any front audio jacks, where you plug in headphones for example, unplug all those and make sure your speakers are plugged in to the proper speaker out jack in the rear (it should be green).

If you still can't hear things properly after those things then try Microsoft Fix-it for audio problems.

Reaction score
i'll try it in a minute...btw, in-game sound doesn't work either, only winamp works well

everything is plugged correctly, i haven't changed anything when i installed windows 7

Last edited:
Reaction score
still no luck. as i said, only winamp works, if i run games or run windows media player the sound comes only from the subwoofer. i made some screenshots with the settings from audio deck, maybe something is wrong

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7605/68164283.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/909/35102820.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9992/79770270.jpg

UPDATE : YAHOOOOOOO PROBLEM SOLVED !!! I had to mute the hdi thing so the sound works perfect now.Thanks for your help anyway, hopefully i won't have any more problems

UPDATE2 : it worked for 20 seconds...what's wrong with it. the sound works with the old driver but i can't move the bass boost button and can't check Speaker Fill

Last edited:
Reaction score
Go to control panel, hardware and sound, sound. In the window that pop ups what is your default settings in the playback tab and recordings tab.

Ask a Question