SOLVED VGA switch

Reaction score
Not here much anymore. This techno stuff is still my bane but I want to put two docs on different monitors. Will a VGA switch accomplish that?

Also, I set up the second monitor and my icons increased in size and the text isn't so clear. Went int Display and changed resolution so my images are square and ran thru the text clarifier (whatever it's called) and things aren't much better. What can I do to fix this? (I forget my monitors' native resolutions so I just cycled through them all to get the best display I could.)

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No a VGA switch won't help you do that; all the VGA switch does is put the exact same picture on two screens and you are probably limited to using the lower of the two monitors resolutions.

I do not believe you will be happy with that solution at all. To do what you are asking you needs a graphics card inside your computer that supports multiple outputs. And of course to do that your motherboard and power supply have to support the graphics card (many GPUs require dual slots and many computers do not have room) and many require more power and sometimes even special GPU power cables than is provided by the cheap PSUs shipped in over the counter desktops (Dell/HP/Acer/etc).

Ask a Question