Updates not loading

Reaction score
For the last several weeks I get a notice I have a new update from either Firefox or Thunderbird but I haven’t been able to download any Firefox or thunderbird updates, the green bar just keeps going back and forth. It never gets to the point that I can get the update. It will just run on forever or until I close it. Any ideas what causes this or what I need to do to fix it? I seem to get all Win 7 updates ok.

Reaction score
I can try that but I do know Firefox is the latest updated browser as I just downloaded version 11 the other day. This problem has never occurred in the past, just started recently. I will try that though.

Reaction score
The latest FF version for me is, and I just updated mine, is version 10.0.1. I'm here on the east coast of the united states. Unless you're running a beta version. I don't know what 11 is...Hmm.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes, it could be an issue involved with you running the Firefox 11 Beta.

Reaction score
It is a Beta version FF 11.0, although I have had this problem with both FF and Thunderbird and FF before I downloaded the Beta. Thunderbird is 3.1.16 and I kept getting an update for 3.1.18 but couldnt get it to download with the update so I went to the web and downloaded the .18 version and installed it. Now the update for 11 is to new & this is a security update.

Reaction score
I went back to Firefox version 10 & will see if it happens anymore

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I use Firefox's X64 Nightly browser version nearly 90% of the time and it is in constant 'beta' build, with updates daily and sometimes twice daily. It's darn fast too.

Have you tried cleaning out your browser cache and such?

My internet security program's "protection applet" won't work in it but I have had no issues because F-Secure is so frikkin' fast at stopping junk in the first place.

@fuher24 - Chrome is... okay, but it's not nearly as good in my opinion as Firefox's 64-bit Nightly browser or IE9's 64-bit version.

Ask a Question