Unable to Install Office2007 on Windows 7 Starter

Reaction score
Hi, I have purchased a Sony Vaio with a Windows 7 Starter OS - 32 Bit. The Office hasn't come along with the package. I have been trying to Install the Office2007 SP 3, but I get an error message that reads "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system".

Can anyone please help me in getting around this issue?

Thanks

Gowtham Yeramanasetti

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Service pack 3 is merely a series of updates/patches/fixes to be applied to office; it is NOT office. It can actually be downloaded for free and does not require a different product key. You need to already have office installed in order to apply SP3 and that is why you get the error message, because you don't have office installed.

You will need to buy Microsoft Office if you want it.

Or you might try a free alternative such as LibreOffice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the response..

Is there any chance that the Lappy i bought is preventing me from installing the office2007 version as it can accommodate only the office2010??

is it possible that the laptop has come with a pre-setup that it can accept only the 2010 version of Office???

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
No, but sometimes new PCs come with a pre-installed trial version of Office. If your notebook came with a trial of Office 2010, for instance, you probably have to remove it before you can install 2007. As a general rule, though, any computer that can run Office 2010 can also run 2007.

Ask a Question