Trojan in BSOD files

Reaction score
Every since I installed TACO I haven't been able to log in and finally I figured out how to configure TACO so I can get into certain sites which is good.

I ran PC Tune Up, there were so many errors, I got rid of them and now not many crashes at all.

But I just found a trojan in a BSOD file, I have no idea how it got ther. Its classified as riskware, damage is low, but its there all the same. I quarantined it and not going to post it or attach it, I just thought that was a weird place for a trojan to hang out at, Maybe not though, I guess its the last place you'd look.

Reaction score
Hey.

Not sure I understand what you mean.

There is really only one type of bsod file and that's the minidump files found in C:\Windows\Minidump with the extension .dmp.

There is a full memory dump as well that can be produced, depending on system config as well, but this is fairly rare.

Anyhow, malware does not attach to these .dmp files in any way. If you're saying some malware did to you, it would be the first instance ever and even be news worthy.

Much more likely is that whatever antivirus flagged it, made a false detection.

Please post any crash dumps in relation to this. It would interesting to look at and besides, I'll probably be able to sort your crash issues.

Reaction score
Its a heuristic find, so yeah I'm not sure its 100 %, this is the kaspersky engine in ZA, but it just says HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic C\user\owner\BSOD_windows7_vista_version 2.59_icrtt? _exe
I can't find a file with that name in the folder, but that's what it says. I'm going to delete it as soon as I can find out its not needed. Its very weird.

Reaction score
Yeah, you would do well to delete that. It probably is some form of malware.

It's not a bsod file. It simply has bsod in its name, which really means nothing at all.

Reaction score
Okay I was a little concerned about it, but it was s heuristic finding to begin with so who knows but its gone now, I wanted to make sure something couldn't hide out there.

Ask a Question