SOLVED To search files & folder without using windows explorer

Reaction score
Hi friends,
i want a program/application/software that help me to search files & folder stored on my HDD directly without opening explorer. :D

Reaction score
Definitely use Everything

Follow Clifford's advice and use Everything. I've been using it for about 2 months now with Indexing in Windows 7 turned off. Everything finds whatever I'm looking for in a few seconds. Not bad considering I have two 1 terabyte hard drives. It definitely blows Windows Search out of the water on speed.
Thnx Cliff for the link...surely will do...

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup. Definitly beats Windows Explorer.

It's a great piece of software, if only it could integrate into Windows. :)

Reaction score
Yeah agree it runs explorer out of water in speed & its small & doesn't use much resource...Indeed its a must have program...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's a great piece of software, if only it could integrate into Windows. :)
Perhaps you could start a protest to get the European Union to sue Microsoft over incorporating the search feature like they did the IE browser; then we could have another set of Windows 7 OSes like the N editions. Maybe the S editions. Of course then you almost have to offer the combined NS edition...

- "Hey you are running Windows 7"
- "NS!"
- "NS?"
- "Windows 7 with No Sh*t Included :p"

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
PFFT - Seriously, who, other than the software companies and the EU, give a damn about included features in Windows?

It would just be nice to have better intergration of software into Windows. First step is the context menu, etc...

Ask a Question