Thunderbird 3 - Initial Warning!

Reaction score
Quick Note of Warning.

Before any sort of quick upgrade to Thunderbird 3 make sure:

1). You have Mozilla Backup on your PC and have made a backup of your Thunderbird 2 Profile.

2). Be aware that the extensions and Kapaersky integration are disabled by Thunderbird 3

3). Following install Thunderbird 3 does not pick up the old profile and e-mails so you have nothing.

4). In some cases Thunderbird 3 may not work, ie Get Mail does not appear to do anything.

5). You may get everything back by reinstalling Thunderbird 2.

I think I will stick with TH2 just now, for one thing it works just fine.

Andy

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I was going to use Thunderbird, now I'm glad I didn't. Thanks for the warning.

Reaction score
T-Bird 3.0 works fine on my Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. However, I did not have to recove my settings adresses, etc, as I had a hard disk crash and could not save off the old stuff. Therefore, this is a new, bare installation of T-Bird 3.

Reaction score
Interesting warning. It seems inconceivable to me that Thunderbird would remove addresses and accounts through an upgrade without warning people and giving them the choice. I can understand the addons issue.

I back up my Thunderbird folder regularly so hopefully I will not have any problems.

Reaction score
Tried Thunderbug and FF on XP. Didn't see any point in cluttering up the computer. IE8 and Windows live mail does everything that I need.:eek:

Ask a Question