SOLVED The diagnostics policy service is not running

Reaction score
Diagnostic Policy Service NOT RUNNING issues:

I have to correct my previous post, etalmar, apologies. The policy service (only) is on automatic.
'But, as we now have this thread active, here is a list of the entire defaults for all Windows 7 packages.

View attachment 1646
Hi Dave. I'm also searching for a remedy for the DPS not running. I don't think it ever has and this is or was a brand new computer. Over 30 years experience as an end user and still haven't figured out the mysteries of computer networks and/or networking. Anyway...

Your attachment 1646 will not open. Do you by any chance still have this document available? I hope so.

I briefly scrolled through the rest of this thread because the word SOLVED on the header got me all excited...

I may be back w/more questions later.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Don't Work!!

My Diagnostics Policy Service setting is set to "Automatic". I know that there is another setting similar to that (Automatic - Delayed Start), as well as the Manual setting, so the only bit of advice I can offer is to make sure that your service is set to Automatic (not Automatic - Delayed Start) and definitely not Manual.

Right-click on the Diagnostics Policy Service link and select properties. Then select "Automatic" from the dropdown menu and click the "Start" button to activate the service. Then click on the Apply button to save your settings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I press start it says: ''The Diagnostic Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

What should I do? Could you help me ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
viftode4, check your registry and make sure the permissions are correct for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS\Parameters, as explained in Method 2 of the answer HERE.

Ask a Question