Test Updates Released On 12th May.

Reaction score
http://blogs.technet.com/mu/archive/2009/05/08/upcoming-updates-for-windows-7-rc.aspx

Starting this Tuesday (May 12th) Microsoft will release up to ten test updates to PCs running the Windows 7 RC in order to verify its ability to deliver and manage updating of Windows 7 in certain real-life scenarios. These updates do not deliver any new features or fixes. This is the second set of test updates they have released to test the updating mechanism for Windows 7.

:)

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up detoxa :)

Reaction score
Ive done an update guys but nothing really seems to have been updated. ive viewed the history, some stuff yesterday, but nothing new today, whats happening with this?

Reaction score
Test Updates are now out, see attachments :)
Olg207 it may be due to different time zones. Microsoft work on American time 7 hours behind Europe i think , I'm sure an American member will correct me if i am wrong ....hope I'm not.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Detoxa, looks like your right as looked at windows update as soon as i turned the PC on and they have come through, do you know what these updates will do?

Reaction score
As far as i know the test updates test Windows Update capabilities and one is to test the notification system that is in use on 7. From what i have read some will automatically update and some you will have to apply yourself.

The others are language packs, so they may/may not be needed. I only use English so i didn't install them to be honest.

I'm sure you can ignore them but they way i look at it, Microsoft let us use 7 for free so helping with tests will hopefully make a better finished product than Vista was when released, but its up to you Olg.

Reaction score
Detoxa, looks like your right as looked at windows update as soon as i turned the PC on and they have come through, do you know what these updates will do?

make you reboot your pc for no apparent reason lol :)

Ask a Question