SOLVED Temp folder problems

Reaction score
Hi All,

When ever I change the UAC to the lowest setting (or disable it), I can't install any application. An error regarding the TEMP folder always pops up telling me I don't have access to the said folder. When I set UAC back to default, I get no errors BUT I have to "run as administrator" the installation apps or even those that I previously installed...What gives?

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does this problem happen on all application installations, or just certain ones? If it's just a few, I would just re-enable UAC during installation. Overall, I wouldn't recommend disabling UAC unless you have a good reason for doing so.

I've done some googling and it looks like this is a known issue for many applications when UAC is disabled. For example, this one from Adobe:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333643.html

This utility extracts the contents to the user temporary folder [....] with User Account Control disabled, does not allow write and execute access to the %TEMP% folder.
Hope that helps :)

Ask a Question