SOLVED BSOD during/exiting games, streaming video

Reaction score
Good morning-

I've been experiencing BSOD's at an increasingly frequent rate since June. It only seems to happen when I am playing or exiting online games (GW2, FFXIV), or streaming video. I am attaching my 3 latest crash dumps, the most recent of which took place last night during an FFXIV session.

Once the BSOD's started, I downloaded Nirsoft's blue screen viewer - almost all of the crashes are linked to ntoskrnl.exe or dxgmms1.sys. Though through research I've found that neither are likely to be the cause. The real issue is that the problem is fairly intermittent - one crash per 3-4 days. When I had a ram stick die on my last year it was pretty simple to diagnose.

Things I've tried so far:
Uninstalled all drivers and programs installed since the blue screens became frequent in June.
Ran memtest for 4 passes with no errors
Discarded an old, unsupported USB headset (which I thought was the culprit until last night)

I am not a very accomplished debugger, so any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 640
ASROCK 870 Extreme3 R 2.0
8GB Kingston RAM (Four 2GB sticks)
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460
Seagate Barracuda 300Gb HDD
Thermaltake Toughpower 650w PSU

Thanks!

*edit: I also forgot to mention I'm running win7 64 bit, and the most common BSOD message is SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
This issue can be fixed by these techniques:
  • Repair Your Registry
  • Scan for Virus
  • Update Drivers

Ask a Question